Tuesday, November 17, 2015

MITCHELL JOHNSON retires from International cricket

Mitchell Johnson has decided to call time on his international career at the end of the ongoing second Test match against New Zealand at the WACA in Perth. The 34-year old fearsome Australian pacer announced his farewell ahead of the final day's play on Tuesday, November 17; "The ride has to come to an end at some point and to do so here at the WACA is very special."
With a career spanning over ten years, and often plagued by injuries, Johnson is the fourth-highest wicket-taker of Australia in Tests. He has taken 311 wickets from 73 games.
"I've given the decision a lot of thought. Beyond this match, I'm just not sure that I can continue competing consistently at the level required to wear the baggy green. I feel now is the best time to say goodbye, I have been lucky to have a wonderful career and enjoyed every moment playing for my country."

Johnson also represented Australia in 153 One-Day Internationals, bagging 239 wickets between 2005 and 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment